First Bike {ideas?} Plz Help!!!!

Kt99xx

Oct 26, 2008
Hey im thinking about getting a dirt bike this summer but idk what i should get. im 14. I have road my older sisters 125 KLX Kawiaski before it was ok but a lil big for me. Any idea on what i should get?

J-man

May 16, 2007
how big are you. how aggresive, 2 or 4 stroke. you need to fill out the sticky

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I suggest to most people, despite age or height/size to start out on a TTR125 or a Honda XR200, etc. No matter how tall you are, a shorter bike with smoother power will help you find confidence and then you can move up to bigger or more powerful bikes. Do your other family members or friends have other bikes to try out? I'm not sure I would want to start out on a 125 :yikes:

Apr 30, 2007
Isn't the KLX Kawasaki's version of the TTR 125?

Here are some things that will help us: Fill them out!

Try to include the following info
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)
2) How physical / aggressive are you ?
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????
4) Do you have any riding experience?
5) Do you think you will race ?
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work?
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry?
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike?
10) Do you live in California?
11) Your age?
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion

motoxgurl47

Dec 31, 2007
TTR-125 or YZ85

I'm personally a Yamaha fan so if you're looking for a great beginner bike, I would recommend the TTR-125. Everyone I know who previously owned or still do own one, absolutely love it. They say it has the power without being too intense. If you want to start racing, the YZ85 is great. It shouldn't be too big for you or too small but that's coming from me not knowing your exact height and weight. I currently own a YZ85 and it rocks. It started my racing career. I'm actually trying to sell it so if you're interested, let me know. It's a 2006 with some bad ass graphics. Best of luck! :)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…