Creslin10

Sep 12, 2007
1. 5'10' 125lbs
2. I can be aggressive on my quad
3. Mainly woody and HILLY trails, main riding buddys ride a YZ250 Smoker and a crf150, Possibly a privately owned mx track.
4. Just putted around on the 150
5. No I wont race
6. Riding buddy literally owns ANYTHING i will ever need except for parts so yeah
7. Thinking a 2 stroke for power(getting used) so no fancy 4 stroke
8. Getting used possibly a cr125
9. 2000 at the most I think
10. No I live in Ohio
11. 16yo
12. I am wanting a bike because thats what all my friends ride. Right now i can get an 03 cr125 that is pretty much rideable the day i get it(just needs a front tire and a front brake lever) comes with fmf pipe installed for $1500. Do you think this would be a good bike for me?

Apr 30, 2007
This will be a great bike for you as long as you respect it.

By respect, I mean take a little time to try out the gears, suspension, and throttle response before you haul off into some place where you don't know the terrain.

Here's a brief example of what not to do. My bro, who is roughly the same size as you, tried out my CR 80 for the first time. He'd been riding 4strokes for a good ten years, and is what I'd call a good rider. He went around the yard once, called it slow (because he didn't get it in the power band). Then proceeded to try ride a wheely across the yard as he likes to do with his motorcycle.

He flipped it over backwards within less than 2 seconds, and ended up with a huge mouthful of dirt.

The power (pretty sudden) will take some getting used to (just depends on what kind of quad you have). Given you take it easy, you'll be pretty happy with the bike. They're not as great in tight woodsy areas....but everywhere else they haul pretty well!

Past that, maintenence is really not too hard, if something breaks, it's not too hard to fix since there's fewer pieces in the engine for the most part.

That price sounds great for a 2003!

If you weren't so far away, you'd have competition in purchasing that bike! :nener: I want one too!

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Color doesn't matter, get the best bike (condition) you can get for the $$.
Enjoy.

Top Bottom