kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Not if he keeps riding like that. :p ;)

Good luck to him :nod:

JST122

Dec 29, 2005
Goodluck to him, but I think he will be lucky to be in the top 5 in points when it is all said and done, depending on which coast he rides. More than likely I would guess top 10.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
JST122 said:
Goodluck to him, but I think he will be lucky to be in the top 5 in points when it is all said and done, depending on which coast he rides. More than likely I would guess top 10.

He's riding the West Coast. I am not expecting much from Dusty on the 250F in SX. Outdoors he will be a threat, even more so if Star Racing will put him on the 450 as he's a much better 450 rider even though he has two class tiddler titles up here. My guess is top 7 in SX and top 5 outdoors for his first season down south.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
elliot67 said:
It's weird seeing him on something other than a Blackfoot Honda.

Well he would have been on Blue this year anyway if he stayed in Canada. Look for an announcement on the new Blackfoot Yamaha squad as soon as their contract with Honda expires Dec 31. Also expect the next fastest canuck prospect after Klatt to switch from green to blue and ride for them next year.

Last edited:
C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Wow I am so behind the times, I had no idea Blackfoot was going Yamaha. That will just seem weird.....really weird. Not that I care that much, I'm not a fan of that dealership, but still.....weird.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
Honda Canada pulled the plug on Blackfoot and a bunch of other multi line dealerships in Canada. Any Honda's you see advertised at BF are leftovers, I was there 2 days ago and there is not a red 07 to be found. Dealers are going to have to be Honda only to suit Honda Canada. Honda wants to go to a Honda Power Centre business model where you can get your new Accord, lawnmower and CRF250R all in one store.

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
Chili said:
Honda Canada pulled the plug on Blackfoot and a bunch of other multi line dealerships in Canada.

Does that mean Winnipeg Sport and Leisure will stop selling Honda's also?

Just looked on their site and they're still advertising as a Yamaha and Honda dealer. I could imagine that they don't update their site daily, though.

C

CaNaDiAn,Eh?

Wow I had no idea that had happened.

Chili

Apr 9, 2002
elliot67 said:
Does that mean Winnipeg Sport and Leisure will stop selling Honda's also?

Just looked on their site and they're still advertising as a Yamaha and Honda dealer. I could imagine that they don't update their site daily, though.

I'm not sure how it will affect them as they would not be considered one of the larger dealers. According to the Blackfoot rep I talked to earlier this week he was of the opinion all multi line dealers in Canada had until the 2008 season to go Honda only or relinquish their franchise. I can't vouch for the accuracy of that statement but I do know of at least 10 current large multi line dealers that no longer have Honda's to offer.

sp1tekiller

Aug 23, 2004
Honda isn't pulling the plug on ALL dealers, I know that Machine Racing in Newmarket is still selling them.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…