TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Nice! Welcome to the ultimate smoker club!

The Cummins is a great powerplant! I wish Ford would ditch their new 6.2 for that engine. But then again... I'm lucky to have a 7.3. A great engine as well. :)

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Nice Truck Ed, treatment being a 6" lift and 35s? hehe

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Cool Eddie! You and Kiwi are becoming as one ;)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
KiwiBird said:
I have truck envy. :worship:
So Eddie's is bigger than yours Kiwi?

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
cool truck, that will pull any stumps out of the ground if need be. Am I getting shorter in my old age, or are trucks getting taller? When I was young, I wanted to lift them up. Now I've actually considered lowering...

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Patman said:
So Eddie's is bigger than yours Kiwi?

TMI

Cool truck Ed. Enjoy dolling it up.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Nice rig Eddog. Just don't forget the MPH thingy with the bigger tires like you did on the way to LBL in your old truck :whoa: How long did it take to clear up that mess?

motometal said:
cool truck, that will pull any stumps out of the ground if need be. Am I getting shorter in my old age, or are trucks getting taller? When I was young, I wanted to lift them up. Now I've actually considered lowering...

At 6'0", if I need something from dead center of the box I have to climb in there to get it. Bring back the El Camino!!

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Rooster said:
Nice rig Eddog. Just don't forget the MPH thingy with the bigger tires like you did on the way to LBL in your old truck :whoa: How long did it take to clear up that mess?

Funny you should mention that, as I was transferring stuff to the new ride I came across the letter from the DA in Kentucky stating they "lost" that ticket and it was my "Luckey" day. I still carry that around just in case lmao.

She now has real mud flaps and running boards (all black). Should get the bed line-x next week or so then I'll be taking off bumpers and grill for black line-x. Boost fooler on the way, EGT installed (but shorted so waiting on replacement). Just found a muffler delete pipe for $60...increase 6-8 db...must buy one lol

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
the very last part...serious or joking? I would get so tired of the droning on long trips but I'm old and crotchety.

In my neighborhood I"m probably known as the weirdo with the stock exhaust on his truck. Everyone else feels the obligation to make it louder.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Moto - Serious, but you have to realize these new Ram's are incredibly quiet, not like any other diesel I've ever been around. With the stereo just barely on you can't even hear the exhaust note on the highway. Not the usual rattle you hear from a diesel either. I'm going to try it, if its very loud, the muffler will be put back on.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I think you will be very happy with the deleted muffle Eddie. I put a large diameter turbo back on my 7.3 with a minimal muffler and it was never annoying.... until you really got on it and started making some black smoke. ;)

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
I think so too Patman, the thing is super quiet as is and the actual muffler is very small, (being 2010 emissions compliant) all the other crap does a good job of keeping her quiet, and the way she is now I haven't even seen a small puff of smoke.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
MrLuckey said:
Moto - Serious, but you have to realize these new Ram's are incredibly quiet, not like any other diesel I've ever been around. With the stereo just barely on you can't even hear the exhaust note on the highway. Not the usual rattle you hear from a diesel either. I'm going to try it, if its very loud, the muffler will be put back on.
I'll vouch for that. I even commented to Eddie how quite it was. His truck pulled my boat like it wasn't even back there and that exhaust braking was pertty cool. Nice rig Mr. Luckey.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
motometal said:
If I had a truck with a turbo, I'd get horrible mileage because I'd always be trying to make that cool sound...
LOL! I have the same problem with my TT, it just sounds so cool that little whistle and growl of the engine. :laugh: I'm just a big kid I guess.

Top Bottom