First ever bike.

Snapple

Aug 6, 2009
Right, i am 13 years old, ridden mini moto's never ridden a proper motor bike, i want to learn to ride, it has been somthing i have wanted to do for a very long time.
i am around 5ft 2, and i dont know my weight. My mum has a friend who owns a motorbike shop and is willing to give me a discount on a bike, so i just want to know a good bike to start out on and what money i would need to start up as a sport.
-Matt :boss:

Snapple

Aug 6, 2009
1) your physical size (both height and weight are important)? am 5ft 2
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? well never ridden but i think out of 10 i would be a 3 as i put my heart and sould into stuff like this.
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ?????MX tracks or in fields with mates.
4) Do you have any riding experience? push bikes yes, motors no.
5) Do you think you will race ? hopefully if i can afford it.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? yeah i want to bike a engineer.
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)?no
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? yes he goes by order.
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Cheap as possible.
10) Do you live in California?no
11) Your age?13
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
You could use an 85 2 stroke. It is a race bike, but if you would want something that has a little less punch you could use a TTR125. What is your weight?

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
well if you have never rode one, you should start off on the TTR125. You could find a nice used one for around $1000. An 85 would be kind of rough at first if you have no experience, but you would get used to it.

Snapple

Aug 6, 2009
$1000 is around £600, im 13 so will need to do abit of saving, or get a job which is impossible at my age.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
well there is no used ttr125's in your area, and no 85's. Are you familiar with craigslist?

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
Okay, you could keep checking that if you want to. Something will pop up eventually.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…