mwmg416

Mar 13, 2005
I just bought a 99' KDX200 on Friday. Went for my first ride ever on a bike today. rode the fire roads for a while then hit some woods trails. only fell once. I think I'm in love! I have raced harescrambles on a quad in the A class for the past 4 years but after today I may just sell my 4 wheel money pit. Oh Yea! This Web Site Rocks!!!
Mark W.

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Welcome to the site. I think once you've experienced the advantages a 2-wheeler has over a 4-wheeler you're hooked. You might venture back occasionally, but it'll never be as fun for you. Enjoy your new ride and be sure to check out the KDX forum!

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
I have friends who LOVE 4 wheelers but they don't want to work hard enough to ride on two wheels to have fun!. Yup two wheels takes more energy but is waaaaaaay more fun. And yes I CAN go through that swamp that THEY got stuck in :^)

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
mwmg416 said:
I just bought a 99' KDX200 on Friday. Went for my first ride ever on a bike today. rode the fire roads for a while then hit some woods trails. Mark W.
Fire roads?
Woods trails?
Let me in on it. I live just north of Nesbit and am always searching for more places to ride. :ride:
C'mon help a brotha out! :cool:

Kwakasaki

Aug 22, 2004
Welcome aboard Mark, you made a great choice.
The only problem is you only fell once. It is mandatory you fall twice so you can be as sore as the rest of us come Monday at work :nener:

Green Hornet

Apr 2, 2005
Hey they say four wheels are for people who don't have the balls too ride on two :rotfl: You can't beat two wheels when the trails get tight. Save the four wheels for when it snows or the weather leaves you with alot of muck
TTFN

Feanor

Aug 10, 2004
Kwakasaki said:
Welcome aboard Mark, you made a great choice.
The only problem is you only fell once. It is mandatory you fall twice so you can be as sore as the rest of us come Monday at work :nener:

LoL! I just rode a few weeks back at Stoneyford, CA in a driving rain after a hard rain the night before and it was my first experience with mud of biblical proportions! (was there a plague of MUD right after the locusts?) and I lost count of how many times I fell! But you know? I still had so much fun it was unbelievable! and now when I look at the "puddles" of mud that I used to think was mud, I laugh and wheelie thru it! LoL!

Its incredible how fast and how much you learn when you really challenge yourself!

Have fun and be safe!

Feanor

mwmg416

Mar 13, 2005
Oldtimer, The place I ride most is just south of Hernando at Arkabutla lake. Take 51 south past town square, turn right on to Oak Grove rd. at the store. go to stop sign, turn left. go about 2 miles, make right on to Clifton rd. go till it dead ends. fire road, woods trails, lake bed and alot of mud ( if you like that crap).

kmccune

2-Strokes forever
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Green Hornet said:
Save the four wheels for when it snows
TTFN

Thats what tire studs are for :)

OldTimer

Feb 3, 2005
mwmg416 said:
Oldtimer, The place I ride most is just south of Hernando at Arkabutla lake. fire road, woods trails, lake bed and alot of mud ( if you like that crap).
Woo hoo!
The mud will dry up soon enough. Is dirt bike riding allowed there, or are they just letting people get away with it?
Either way I'm going to check it out soon. :ride:

Have you ever been to Plum Balistic in Independance? It's a pretty cool little track if you're in the mood for doing laps
(about 1.5 mile loop I think). :cool:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom