burtech

May 21, 2002
I recently had a bad seizure and am concerned that some small pieces of piston may be in the bottom end as well as a few crumbs of dirt from disassembly. What is the proper way to flush out any debris from your bottom end?
Thanks,
Burton

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
You can remove the motor , then remove the jug and turn the whole thing upside down and flush with kerosene.
However, this is only a half baked measure. You really need to split the cases.

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
You have to split the cases to know you have all the gunk out.If you dont and it locks up it can break the rod/piston/cases/cylinder.It just isnt worth it.

FDR492

Jun 28, 2002
ran into the same problem............i had a seizure and the about 1/3 of the skirt cracked off and fell down and was jamming the crank from making rotation so pulled the whole engine out, filled up the crankcase with gasoline and flushed it out at least 5 times then blew it with 120psi. of air and now the crank rotates cleanly. Do i really HAVE to split my cases?

bscottr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 2001
Originally posted by FDR492
Do i really HAVE to split my cases?
No...but depends on you wanting "peace of mind" from now on when riding. It was worth the extra couple of hours to me when I had a piston go. It gave me a good excuse to polish the shift drum, shift star, etc. Peace of mind and a very smooth shifting tranny. Well worth it. :thumb:

Look at it as an opportunity instead of a hassle. ;)

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
[QUOTE ] :

Look at it as an opportunity instead of a hassle. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Best advice i've seen in a long time :)

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom