woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Well, My daughters plans changed majorly yesterday when she found out she has to report to Med School earlier then expected.. DRATS :(
KIWI - I will be arriving in LA at 8:30pm on Friday (your time) and it appears I will be available Saturday for that lunch, ride, say howdy (whatever your up to).. I will be in contact via phone tommorrow if possible.. If not, I will give you a jingle once I land..
I REALLY wanted to ride BLIPY out and do some mountain exploring but I was unable to get anyone locally LOCO enough to go with me and my wife wouldnt let me go it alone (she worries to much - actually, maybe I dont worry enough :laugh: ).
You all have a GREAT week and dont get lost without me!!!
Later
Woodsy
Oh yea, I picked a great flight - I LOVE to take off and land so I found an itenerary with 4 flights - leave at 9 and arrive in LA at 8:30 - hokey spamokey :rotfl:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
The LOCO part will be covered in 'private'.
When did you get the patent for having to be there to get lost?

Trouble Maker - You haven't seen anything - yet.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Woodsy - with the increasing frequency of your visits to CA - I am starting to think you dont like us Michiganders anymore! MTR sounds good...CTR? hmmm... I think you had better start spending some time with us poor folk back home!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
KTM Mike said:
Woodsy - with the increasing frequency of your visits to CA - I am starting to think you dont like us Michiganders anymore! MTR sounds good...CTR? hmmm... I think you had better start spending some time with us poor folk back home!
Actually Mike that couldnt be further from the truth.. I am trying to expand my area's of "getting lostism"... You see, there are still spots out west that GPS's and Cell Phones dont work, just the way ol Woodsy likes it :laugh: Of course I NEVER forget my roots and always think about my family back here as I dream under the western skies :nener: Besides, nothing wrong with meeting new friends :nod:
KIWI - My Reservation is set at the Motel 8, 14955 Roxford St., Sylmar 91342. Phone there is 818 - 367 - 0141 or 1 - 800 - 888 - 8220 and I will be registered under "Norman Barnhard" (I tried Woodsy but they just laughed at me and asked if I was lost). I should be in my room (no idea of room number yet) by 10 and out by 11 on Saturday. I might be staying 2 nights with them, depending on how all goes!! Touch base with me if your still available and we can at least say howdy!!!!
Hope to meet you soon!!
Woodsy

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
woodsy said:
Actually Mike that couldnt be further from the truth.. I am trying to expand my area's of "getting lostism"... You see, there are still spots out west that GPS's and Cell Phones dont work, just the way ol Woodsy likes it :laugh:

Oh.....I get it now! Its not that you intended to go to CA - its that you simply went on a long ride :ride: and got lost! It is all making sense to me now!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Don't worry guys! I'll be taking Woodsy in to the Kali Triangle where up is left, down is up, right is under and left is what he'll be behind. :laugh:

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
KiwiBird - That will give Woodsy experience and expertise in perfecting his trait. He's already behind as we have a ride set Monday without him.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Happy to say we gave Woodsy a VERY interesting ride - I won't spoil the story but we did get back to the truck at 11:30 pm - with 2 out of 3 bikes.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Smit-Dog said:
:think: .... Bummer the ride was cut short... Any reason why?

It wasn't because there was something wrong with the forks or front wheel.

Woodsy is now within 500 miles and should be home for supper - unless he gets in the wrong lane around the lake and makes it via Detroit. He has stories galore - as usual.

Young Ted

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
WOW - what a TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I mace it home late last night!!
KIWI - I will NEVER forget you and brother Lucky (only wish he could have been luckier!!
Ted, I COMPLETLY lost that troublesome clutch just inside the Michigan border - had to finish the drive by "feel".. A PERFECT end to another AWESOME adventure!
For the rest of you yahoos - I have a ride report coming that is second to NON - long one but plenty of GREAT stuff!!
Thanks for missing me guys - there is no place like home, well, California is in a VERY close second now that I have met and rode with the famous KIWI BIRD OF PARIDISE :laugh:
Still alive and kicking :ride:
Woodsy
By the way, have a GREAT 4th of July folks!!! :cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well Woodsy you missed out today. I left yet another gift for you at the end of your driveway. One of these days you are actually going to be home when I stop by.

I spend the day out to Bridgeton with Keith and his Bro Kurt. Kurt was trying out his shiny new 05wr250. Sweet bike. Got a peak at the new revised wall. Holly hell that is one wicked hill climb. Cant wait to see the pro's double the new $15,000, 25ft adition that they added to the top. That should be quite the site.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Well come on with it Woodsy, I can't very well post a ride report until after you do.. By the way, the bike rescue was today and went VERY well compared to what we thought we had in store for us. No gunshots and my bike is home with me now. It was great meeting, visiting, riding and walking with you lol. Come back soon and bring some of those other Michiganders with you. It'll be the only way to get them to believe the story :)

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
MrLuckey - Ed --One question on getting the bike home. Did you go basically downhill all the way and not back over the mountain the way you went in?

Young Ted

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
:nener: Hmm so there was bike recovery involved in Woodsy's ride ay. Awww man now I am just chompin at the bit to find out what happenedd out there. Common woodsy fess up. Inquiring minds want to know. Or should I say a few select troublemakers want to know :nener:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Yeah for the most part the bike rescue involved slightly downhill or flat ground. We got very lucky to get trucks through some private property (that locals said we'd likely get shot at lol) and fairly close to the bike. More details in the SoCal forum about the Piute Bike Rescue!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
It s coming guys - I PROMISE this is one story you wont want to miss!! I havent got the pics back yet because of the 4th but very soon!!
Ed - CONGRATS on the bike rescue!! I am GLAD to hear you were able to get to it!!! I am now on my way to the S. Cal forum to read the rescue story!!
You are right about one thing - these yahoos will HAVE to come out there to even fathom what we went thru!!!! :yikes:
Later Mountain Climbing, rock tossing, Mountain Lion ditching, Bear outrunning buddy of mine :rotfl:
Scott

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Scott in lue of you posting an actual ride report i have gone fishing thru everybody's posts to find the real story behind your trip (you know me and investigation work) All I can say is I cant wait to hear this story.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom