robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
I just came across a used Steahly flywheel weight for my RM that I can buy cheap.

Would I see any benefit in MX running it on my 144, or are the flywheel weights primarily for woods riding?

Thanks

HajiWasAPunk

Aug 5, 2005
I've heard mixed things on flywheels. I've heard mini-riders (or their parents) say they bring 2-stroke power on more smoothly. My local dealer told me don't bother unless you're an "A" rider. I've wondered the same thing though?

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
SpeedyManiac said:
They help get the power to the ground better and reduce stalling. Do you want to tame down your 144?

I was pretty aware of that - but I wondered if the flywheel weight would kill the revs.

Even with a new tire, wheelspin is a bit of a problem - have to be very careful with the throttle, especially in hard, flat corners.

A lot of the corners at my 2 local tracks and the track I practice at are hard and pretty flat - probably 50% of them - such is life when 4 wheelers are racing on the tracks as well . . .

Masterphil

DRN's Resident Lunatic
Aug 3, 2004
I think it's worth a try. I'm tempted to mount up a 110 rear tire to my 125sx to help controll the insane wheelspin that this thing makes. I'm sure your 144 hits just as hard, if not harder.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
I put the lightest one on my 03 yz125 (otherwise stock); and love it. I'll try a heavier one next. Still debating ... work on this one some or buy a new one?

Top Bottom