jahames7

Nov 29, 2009
I went to a local suzuki shop today to talk to the "man" about flywheel weights but he couldn't seem to give me any other information except that they weren't new technology...yea

anyway I'm looking to install one on my 00 RM 125 project bike but I'm having trouble finding many companies who sell them.

steahlyoffroad sells them for $109 but i can't figure out if I'll need to buy another flywheel cover. they claim no drilling, grinding, or welding but I'm not sure if that means that a larger flywheel cover isn't required or not.

Can anybody help???? Any information will be helpful!!

thanks

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
Didn't need a new cover for my 02 RM 125 and Steahley flywheel weight.

It screws on to the shaft and acts as the nut.

I didn't particularly like the effect for MX, but I suppose it's good for woods.

jahames7

Nov 29, 2009
yea i can find them easy for 01 and up but i having trouble finding them for my 2000. they redid the whole bike in 2001

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
I put one on my 01 Kawasaki with no problems.
Don't know why you would want one on a 125 though.

The 04 list for Steahly shows 711XL (6oz) 711L (8oz) 711(10oz) for '98-'00 RM 125

Dale

Timmer

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 3, 2009
I had a 12oz Steahly on my 02 KTM 250. Did not need a new cover, but it was close. It did work very well. I did not need to clutch it near as much in the tight woods. You do have to take the cover off and check/tighten the set screws on the flywheel weight about every 8 hours of ride time to make sure it doesn't work itself loose. Not a big deal. A 5 minute job. Took about 10 minutes to install it initially.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Steahly make s a good product. If you need a spacer gasket or a new cover they will supply it. The heavier the weight, the more likely you'll need a spacer or new cover. Usually a spacer does the trick. Call them if you have questions.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
As noted Steahly supplies a complete kit, so if your application requires a spacer you'll get it in the kit. Check out KX250 kits they offer, see the spacer? If you need one you'll get it. I noticed the RM125 application does note a specific flange dimension so be sure to read up before you buy.

Top Bottom