Flywheel weight?

YZ125'02

Oct 2, 2002
I have a new yz 125 and really like it so far. I don't race, mostly logging roads and the odd trail. I've heard people talk about fly wheel weights, what does this do. Will it just calm it down and make easier to handle in certain situations? Because I don't want to lose the hard hitting power band, so i'm just wondering what kind of changes this would make, thanks. :yeehaw:

IrishEKU

A General PITA.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2002
On a one two five it may make some difference but seance you have to stay in the upper Rpm's anyway to get power, it will smooth out the "hit." I am about ready to out grow mine and I don't have a FWW on it. I ride woods and have to work it a lot to keep power generated. I will be moving on to a larger bike someday soon and if I do a FWW is one of the first mods I will make to it. For the larger displacement engines from what I have learned is that it smoothes the 'hit" and makes the power more manageable. Some other things you may want to look at are jetting, pipe and silencer mods. Just a thought.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…