FMF Burley???

Rokosh

Mar 4, 2003
Hi all, has anyone ever heard of an FMF Burley Pipe? I know they make a Gnarly and a Fatty but I haven't heard of the Burley. If anyone has some info on it I would appreciate it.

Thanks

TVRider

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 29, 2002
It's seems like I've read somewhere that Burley is an older marketing name for the Gnarly.

ktmracer

~SPONSOR~
Aug 9, 1999
the burley and gnarly are the same pipe. fmf called the thicker walled pipe burley at first, but then changed the name to gnarly.

Rokosh

Mar 4, 2003
Cool... thanks a bunch! Is this considered to be a Rev pipe or a Torque pipe when installed on the kdx 220? Or do they make it in both models i.e. woods/desert?

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
I have the Burly rev pipe on my 220. Instead of the usual KG-3x, the Burly usues KB-3x.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
re: Is this considered to be a Rev pipe or a Torque pipe?

The names, descriptors, monickers mean squat. There's burly, there's gnarly, there's mountain, desert, woods and whatever else.

If it's a -30 it's a rev profile
If it's a -35 it's a torque profile

Both profiles fit both kdxs (referring to later model 'H' bikes). Both have the same type effect on both kdxs....regardless of what any catalog says, calls it or how reference is made to it. (no grammar checking, please!)

The fatty isn't made for the 'H' model bikes.

Enjoy your new pipe!

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…