dirtbikedan

Dec 4, 2002
Just bought an fmf pipe and powercore silencer off ebay for $165 new. I called fmf about the fatty pipe not being listed for the kdx in '99, and they said they didn't make one for a '99. The seller said it has 810-k35 on it along with "fatty". Can anyone enlighten me on this? Maybe a discontinued part? He said he'd refund my money if I didn't like it or it didn't work right. We'll see what happens! Dan

Paul Nurmi

Apr 24, 2002
I have the exact pipe on my 2000 KDX 220R. The bike was purchased off EBay last summer and it seems to have mods and the 810-k35 Fatty torque pipe. And this bike pulls surprisingly well up very steep hills and does very well on single track. But not much topend. I am happy!

dirtbikedan

Dec 4, 2002
Cool - That's what I like to hear. Does it sound much different than stock? or maybe you wouldn't know since it was on there when you bought it. Thanks, Dano

Dr. Dirt

Nov 15, 2001
K-30 is th rev pipe. K-35 is the torque pipe. You shoud read the mods on JustKdX and make up your mind. You still won't have alot of top end. Carb needs to be bored from 33mm to 36mm. Then it will really wake up on top.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by Dr. Dirt
K-30 is th rev pipe. K-35 is the torque pipe. You shoud read the mods on JustKdX and make up your mind. You still won't have alot of top end. Carb needs to be bored from 33mm to 36mm. Then it will really wake up on top.

He's got at 99 200, he'll be fine.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom