Crisp

Feb 24, 2002
I got the kg-30 and found that I can't get it into my exhaust port of my '02 220. Its 1/4 of an inch bigger than the stock pipe. Did I possibly get the wrong pipe or am I missing something? To add to this I want to ride this weekend and had my carb sent to Fredette to get it bored and rejetted for the above mod plus power reeds and air box removed. What if anything will happen if I ride with the stock pipe on? I don't have the jetting specs with me at this time.
Thanks for your help!!

KdxChode

Jun 18, 2001
You got the wrong pipe or a defective one. It should be a perfect fit. Mine fit exactly like the stock one and was installed in 10 minutes without even breaking a sweat...now the tcII, thats a whole nuther story....... :aj:

Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
If the pipe is 1/4 " bigger than the exhaust opening then you definately have the wrong pipe. The o-ring from the stock pipe should fit perfectly into the kg-30. Look for the model# on the pipe near a mounting tab. My KG-30 fit perfectly but most have issue's with alignment. The rev pipe is way bigger than stock at the fattest part but the end with the o-rings should be the same.

Crisp

Feb 24, 2002
It was the wrong pipe. Out another four days. I rode with the stock pipe and it idled really high so I had to turn the a/s out quite a bit. I'll wait until the pipe gets in and then tweak the carb. At least I can still ride!! Yahoo..............

Top Bottom