fmf pipe and tip dont fit right!

megaKDX'er

Feb 26, 2002
i just did a winter rebuild and mod job and i noticed that just before were the pipe and the tip mount togethere that it rubs on the spring and makes an oufowl noise i have the fmf k-35 gnarly and a full size power core tip does any 1 else have this proble and how does it fix?..

thanks Mega

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
THIS would be a quote of note!! FmF pipe fits on bike!!!

It NOT fitting is par for the course.

In your case, it sounds like a placement issue. The pipe can be wrongly placed in the cylinder easily..or it may be tweaked, too (making the fit poor).

Loosen the mounts on the pipe. Maybe take the springs off, too. See if some rotation of the pipe won't improve the stinger fit.

Looking at the joint of the pipe/cylinder, it should be evenly inserted into the cylinder all the way 'round the pipe.

If it IS tweaked, with the pipe off you can 'tweak' it back into place without too much trouble. Insert something long and stout into the pipe (cylinder end), use it as a lever to 'straighten' it back into place.

Even if it IS 18ga. metal.

Try the 'moving it' part before you try the 'bending it' part.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
It might be as simple as rotating the spring so that there isn't a coil sitting right beside the pipe as well.

David

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…