FMF Torque Pipe Shape

pvxr400

Nov 4, 2001
Hi all, I just bought a FMF Torque pipe (K-35) for my kdx 220 2001.

When looking at the pipe it find it strange that there is a dent on the inside of the pipe (the part of the pipe that is close to the engine). The dent is about in line with the engine exhaust end.

Is this normal? Does the dent is there to make sure that the pipe does not touch the engine/frame?

My kdx is at my brother house and I won't be able to clarify this until the next weekend. I don't want to ask myself if the pipe is ok or not all the week.

Thanks,

Patrick

clutchcover

~SPONSOR~
Feb 21, 2002
If I am not mistaken, that is there to provide space for the powervalve. Without that dent, mine looks like the pipe would hinder the action if it weren't there.

Gerg

May 7, 2002
It's supposed to be there. When I got mine from Dennis Kirk, I saw the dent and called them about it. A guy in the warehouse actually went out and pulled another one off the shelf to look at. The indent is there to fit around the engine.

I was relieved to find out I hadn't been shipped a defective pipe!

GREENHORNET

~SPONSOR~
Jan 20, 2003
HEY Take a look at your stock pipe you will find even more dents than the FMF pipe has on it, Your radatior hose is right by the pipe too It's is an awaome pipe--but if you want a pipe that will blow your socks off-- get a Gnarly REV, I have both pipes and love'em.

Doclar

Oct 8, 2002
That is known as a " Relief Dent" and it is supposed to be there. The problem I had with my fmf woods pipe was that the relief dent was not providing enough relief. I had to send it to fmf for modification ( more dent). The only problem I had was it took many phone calls to fmf and about 3 weeks before it was returned. Moral of the story: Put it on and enjoy. It was well worth the wait!

pvxr400

Nov 4, 2001
Thanks everybody!

I installed the pipe today and it want well. The pipe makes a lot of low-end power and I like it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…