FMF vs. ProCircuit Pipe ???

ek415

Jan 22, 2002
Anyone tried the ProCircuit pipe on the KDX 200 instead of the FMF?? Will be purchasing a new KDX 200 soon and was curious why I never see PC pipes anymore. Are FMF pipes really the only ones worth buying. :eek:
Thanks.

penguin

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Feb 19, 2000
I think FMF is the only one that offers a heavier guage pipe for offroad use in a choice of Rev or Torque versions. :think

thorman75

"Team Army"
Dec 9, 1999
thats it the guage of the metal on the gnarly fmf is heavier.i can get a much better deal on a p.c. but went with the fmf.the p.c. pipe works well though

Lutz

Oct 3, 2001
I've got a Pro Circuit pipe on my bike. It makes the motor run great. From what I have read, the PC pipe makes more power (higher peak) than the FMF rev, but the FMF rev has more over-rev (broader power range). The seat of my pants tells me that the power increase from stock to the PC is HUGE. PC powerband on a 200 is as follows: relatively soft bottom, strong hit into killer mid range, screaming top. With the addition of a torque ring (1/8 or 3/16 inch, I think) it changes to: respectable bottom, smoother transition to killer midrange, screaming top.

If you're looking for power, you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED with the Pro Circuit pipe. Compared to the FMF pipe, you may have to shift slightly more often to stay in the powerband of the PC pipe; however you have more power on tap. In my opinion, I can deal with shifting more if it means I have more power at my disposal.

As far as the gauge of metal...not a big deal to me. I have yet to dent my PC with no pipe guard. If you are likely to get in a crash that will result in pipe damage, your best bet in protection is a pipe guard; the gauge of metal will probably make little difference (try hitting each pipe hard with a sledge hammer, you'll see). Plus there's the issues with FMF vs. Pro Circuit fit that have been discussed lately...

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Here in New Zealand, you don't see many FMF pipes on KDX's. Kawasaki NZ does a deal where they sell you the bike with the PC pipe & muffler & then try to onsell the stocker themselves (don't know how many they'd sell, can't imagine many).

I have the torque pipe & the PC pipe and prefer the PC - I've never tried a rev, but maybe one day (either that or the Bill's pipe as I've never heard anything about them on KDX's).

What I feel is any aftermarket pipe is better than the stocker and you'll be happy whichever way you jump.

ek415

Jan 22, 2002
Thanks for the feedback! I also read the other comments regarding FMF fit and finish, very discouraging to hear about the lack of customer service from FMF, especially when you consider that they have the more expensive product.

To expand on my question a little more, the PC pipe sounds similar to the FMF rev pipe, as far as the increase in mid and top end.
Anyone have any comments on the FMF rev vs. torque for the 200???

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I've one of each.

on the 96 it has a Pro Circuit pipe rev pipe
on the 99 has a fmf rev. seems the fmf revs a little smoother? not sure if it just a tunning problem though? I know a FRP billet kick starter will not fit on my 99 220 with the fmf pipe? but it fits on the 96 with the Pro Circuit pipe ? :confused:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom