Dethklok

Jun 26, 2008
Hey whats up everyone new guy here lookin to get into Freestyle MX. I already know you can jump any bike...but obviously some bikes are just simply better suited for it then others.

My dream bike would be a new YZ250 *drools* but I doubt I can afford one at the moment :yell: so Ive been keeping an eye out for an 01' CR250R.

Im aware of the CR's reputation and history and have found more than enugh information on it for FMX as well as every other motorsport.

But I cant find anything on the KTM 300's...so any input? I was specifically lookin at the MXC model...or I guess I could get an EXC and strip off all the lights?

So any use them for FMX? and if no review on them specifically as a FMX'er, how do they compare to the 01' CR250? Any years to stay away from? Stick to the CR or YZ instead?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
mxmatthew said:
Is there any particular reason you want to focus on fmx?

You should at least try to race, lose a lot, then move to FMX.

Dethklok

Jun 26, 2008
No reason, except to keep my options open.

As for me racing...I plan on going to the open track days and stuff, but for me racing isnt my end goal.

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
well my fmx experience is extremely limited to say the least (sometimes I pull supermans when I fly into the trees), but I would think that you would want as little weight as possible and any of the off road models will probably weight more than the mx versions.

Dethklok

Jun 26, 2008
lol very nice moves

Weight is a factor thats why I figured if I came across one it would hopefully be the MXC model...and if it was a EXC I figured strip off all the enduro crap?

mxmatthew

Apr 7, 2003
well if I'm not mistaken, the mxc's were off road models. I think you would want to look for a sx model. Oh, and if price is a factor for you, you might want to stay away from orange. They will be more expensive than a YZ.

Also, the off road models will have bigger gas tanks, softer suspension and different gearing.

Top Bottom