munich

Jul 29, 2002
hi every body

Yesterday I went for my first ride in 20 years. My son, my nephew and i went riding in the St. Croix river area and had a blast. It was my sons first time ever on a motor cycle, my nephew is a great rider and coached my son on some of the basics.

The kid has a 81-KDX175, my nephew has a stock 2001- KDX220 and I have a 2001-KDX220 with a gnarly pipe, boysen 607 reeds, R-B carb mod and resprung for my fat 225# a**.

My bike seemed to be a little easier to lug in a higher gear, but I was amazed how well the bone stock bike performed. The kids bike was surpisingly awesome for a 22 year old bike. It is in need of new brakes though. The front drum is worn out and not adjustable anymore.

We meat a solo rider (Mark) that rode along with us that was very helpful in guiding us through the trails. It's amazing how nice of people you meet in the woods. Mark spent some time after our ride coaching the kid 9and me) and pumping us both up to give us some additional confidence. To make a long story short we had an AWESOME first ride. I would like to thank everone who responded to all of my earlier post for the encouragement and confidence they inspired.

Thanks
FOG (fat old guy)

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Sounds like a great inaugural ride, Fog. That's what it's all about - building those memories with the kids. :thumb:

Many more to 'ya... :aj: (always wanted to use that guy - lol).

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Ditto from me Munich!! You really do meet the nicest people on a dirtbike!!!
Heres to many more years of riding for you and yours!!!
Woodsy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom