Followup on my "selection" post from a few months back

Grissom29

N. Texas SP
Jan 3, 2004
Hey gang,

A few months back I posted here for advice on a bike to re-enter the sport. I've not ridden dirt bikes since I was a teen, but did start riding a street bike back in December.

At the time it seemed to be the general concensus that I should get a KDX or EXC for 2 stroke trail riding.

I'm going to try and keep this simple...

I'm concerned about my weight (195) and the suspension of the bike I choose.

I've repeatedly read the KDX in stock form has weak suspension setup. I've also read numerous times that if you ever want on the track or you want to do jumping that the MX'ers are better for you because of the suspension issues. Though I've read the most of comments stating that the MX'ers are tough in the woods unless you like to clutch alot and ride the gas hard.

I've spent most of today searching DRN for this info and my heads spinning with it all. :eek:

How can I determine if the KDX is the right match, or if a 125 will do the job for me? I'm not concerned with it being the fastest bike, as if I ever raced it be just for fun anyways. It's seems that maybe a 4 stroke would suit my mixed needs better, but there are none in my price range. Maybe there's one in my future?

Thanks again and in advance for input,

Jason

Grissom29

N. Texas SP
Jan 3, 2004
Ah forget it... I feel like I'm overthinking this... I'll just get something and deal with it.

Jason

kdx200chick

Mar 27, 2004
I have a kdx and ride the *(&&#@$ out of it and weigh 125 lbs. DONT get a kdx w/ your weight. Look at wr450's or crf450's in fact Honda is supposed to come out w/ the crf450X (with the lights). Powerful bikes with great suspension but much better for your weight. even though you haven't ridden dirt bikes since you were a teen, you will be surprised at how fast you pick it back up again...This happened to me as well after hanging up my boots for 13 years!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…