Fooling around with HDR and multiple images

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I was in downtown Chicago shooting pictures last weekend before sunrise. The idea was to get some good views of the sunrise from one of the high rise buildings, but the indoor lighting reflections killed any chance of that even with a polarizer, and the lights are automated so I couldn't kill them.

I figured the whole thing was a wash but tonight I tried merging some of the different exposures with the Merge to HDR command in PS in the hopes of salvaging something from the trip.

I have a lot of other combinations to try but here's an example of the output. I'm not sure the effect really translates properly on a 700 pixel JPEG, but it looks pretty interesting on my 24" LCD monitor.

Attachments

• 50_51-HDR-00_drn.jpg
    50_51-HDR-00_drn.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 135

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
It took me a couple of seconds to recognize what that image really was... VERY COOL! :cool:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
I think once I understand it better (ok a LOT better) I can do some cool stuff with this. ;)

Moose

~SPONSOR~
Sep 16, 2006
I was actually pondering the idea of experimenting with this and seeing if anything worthy would come out of it. It's a really cool idea/

Top Bottom