eagles22793

May 25, 2008
There are two screws on my 2000 yz250's front forks at the top and I know the one is to set the softness and hardness but I dont know what the other one does. Can anyone help me out to tell me what this screw is and what it does to the forks?

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
Let the bubbles out and still listen to WFFR

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
jayhedrick said:
Let the bubbles out and still listen to WFFR
Thanks for the help :|

Bleed the air out of the forks when they are room temp and the front wheel is off the ground. Don't do it when they are warm.

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
RM_guy said:
Thanks for the help :|

Bleed the air out of the forks when they are room temp and the front wheel is off the ground. Don't do it when they are warm.
What's bad about that? When I bleed mine it comes out like little bubbles?

jayhedrick

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2009
Ha ha... I was just giving the guy a hard time because in anothe thread whenfoxforksruled was giving him all the correct info and he wouldn't listen so it was just a reminder to listen 2 him lol

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ain't no stink'in radio station, yet. How many people out there are bleeding the air out, with the front wheel still on the ground, duh? Negative pressure in the forks is a sure cure for crashing! Such simple techniques, its usually in every manual I have ever seen, then lazy, cheap and/or ignorant steps in, and wtf? But, I know a guy, a guy at the track said?? Its always the easy, simple, little things. Get a manual, read or have it translated, and ride fast, and die hard! Or, keep looking for some misinformation that suits your needs? That 250's suspension comes good to go for me, 170 in gear. 10-15 pounds either way, new springs! 135, may need 3 steps lighter springs, front and back.......... Oddly enough, MX Tech's spring generator shows only a 465, but, it says change the front to .40 and leave the back alone? Call MX Tech, or email Jeremy, probably your cheapest bet, and most solid information. Going over the bars at a high rate of speed, leaves you with life long memories.

Top Bottom