bnt55

Jun 28, 2002
Someone told me recently that my front forks were low one oil, cause when I strap my bike down, my front forks practically bottom out. So my question is this...How much fork oil does a 92 KDX200 need and how can I tell if it is the right level in my bike?

Thanks alot

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Fork oil slows the spring action/reaction in the fork through an hydraulic system..it does not provide you with any suspension force. The spring does that.

If you bottom out your forks easily (like when strapping the thing in a conveyance) it's cuz you need new springs.

Of course...just 'cuz you're paranoid doesn't mean everyone's NOT out to get you.;)

...or maybe your oil level is low, too.

Oil level is set by measuring it with the spring out, fork collapsed. 100mm is a good place to start. The higher the oil level, the less air there is to compress, the 'stiffer' the fork.

Set the level using something akin to a turkey baster/large animal syringe with tubing attached to reach inside the fork the desired distance, overfill the fork, extract the excess.

...but your springs need 'renewment'.

Well, I'm assuming you're NOT an 80# rider with springs to fit. Maybe you could bottom them out without too much trouble with some straps.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom