Mac

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 17, 2000
Forks higher, clamps lower will give you quicker turning but may cause headshake at higher speeds.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Specifically what changes is the trail º when you move the forks in the clamp.

Forks higher in the clamps indeed makes the geometry 'quicker'..read it'll tuck (lowside) more/easier.

Lower in the clamps (not really possible from the stock positioning, but maybe yours isn't 'stock') will slow the turning feel, stabilize the bike at high speeds. Will tend to wash out (highside or push) more/easier.

BUT...your green bike isn't a ktm! Headshake is unlikely a problem with the kdx. A ktm can't run at full throttle without a Scotts onboard!! It's not an 'option' on that thing..but a requirement (if you don't want to die!)

..of course...even WITH a Scotts, the orange thing will vibrate you to death anyway...........;)

Last edited:

Tantrum

Dec 4, 2001
This is a great thread for me. My question is how far can you slide those puppies up in the triple clamps? I ride tight woods and on the average do not go fast. IE 6th gear full out, rarely 4th gear full WOT. I also have a brand spanking new SCOTTS damper on the other woman and love it, so head shake will not be a problem. I have heard that just millimeters make a difference. Also, does a aftermarket tripleclamp make a difference? Its a BRP.

Thanks in advance guys.

B.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Tantrum
I'm currently running 5 MM of tube overhang in the triple clapms currently - try 5-8MM and see if you like it.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom