Fork rebound not working?

djp2k3

Dec 15, 2003
Was setting up my suspension for the new season (2001 RM250) and I noticed that I could not tell any difference in fork action when changing the rebound clicker. All the way in to all the way out felt teh same. Now this is just with me sitting on the bike bouncing the forks, not riding. Is this normal? I thought maybe you have to get the fork lower in the stroke to notice rebound changes or is something wrong? Any ideas? Thanks.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I pretty sure you have to ride to notice the difference.

djp2k3

Dec 15, 2003
I put the settings back where they were. I'll do some on-track testing. I was concerned 'cause I noticed when I change my shock rebound a couple clicks it makes a huge difference noticeable by only pushing down on the seat.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
I find even on the track, the rebound clicker on the fork needs some concentration to adjust because the effect is more subtle than other adjusters. I found its effect is mostly in corners; the delay before it recover from the dive. And, on fast bumps it makes a difference on how straight the bike handles. I found so helpful the downloadable tuning guide on Mx-Tech website. I could post a link if you are interrested. Let me know if you have a hard time to find it.

djp2k3

Dec 15, 2003
Thanks for the info. I found the tuning guide. I'm riding Friday so I'll get it dialed in then.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
You didnt just service the units and forget to put in the reb adj pushrods by any chance . They also need to be referenced to the cap. If not then try to ride it and see if a difference can be found.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…