MX175

~SPONSOR~
Aug 20, 2002
I need to change the fork seals on my 1980 KDX175. I am a rookie at fork service. It looks like I should be able to change the seals without disassembling the fork, but I am stumped by how to remove the cover over the snap ring that is holding the seal in.

From the looks of the drawing at buykawasaki.com, the seal is held in by a snap ring which is under a rubber wiper, which is under a metal cover/ring. This metal cover/ring seems to be pressed in, but there is nothing to grab to allow it to be removed. Any suggestions or experience out there?

91KDX

Jan 23, 2003
I can't really answer your question because I am also a rookie at fork service and I am in sort of the same position you are. I have a 98 KDX 200 with 98 KX 250 forks on my bike. I have to replace the oil seal and the dust seal and have to take the whole fork apart. I have been studying the Parts Diagram on Kawasaki.com but they don't seem to help, so I think I am either going to take them apart and put them back together by memory and If I cant do that then I will go out and buy a manual. Sorry I couldn't help.
Ben

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom