Supafly_MX

Apr 12, 2004
Hi there

i am currently giving my forks a service on my 92cr125. That is changing fork seals and refilling oil in my forks.

Just wanted to know if there is any tips or tricks that might help me. Or anything that i should becareful off ?

Cheers

Supafly_MX

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
if u dont have a manual for the bike do a seach for ronnies . co m scroll to the bottom of the page u will find OEM parts click on that and follow the links to your 92 cr125 and u will have a very nice detailed picture of how the forks go together

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Make sure that when you slide the seals over the fork tubes to install them that you use a ziploc bag or some other sort of plastic to protect the seals when you slide them over the sharp edge.

Don't use screwdrivers to seat the seals. Get real drivers, make some out of PVC.

Use a manual and follow the steps, you should be OK. I've managed it a couple of times now with no problems.

fundgh

Feb 17, 2005
I am about to do the same thing on the same bike. I have read the manual and it specifies some specialty tools. I know I can use PVC for the seals, but are the other tools mandatory as well, or can I get by with out them?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
If you don't have some of the holder tools you may need an impact wrench, but that depends on the forks.

Top Bottom