MLEACH

Mar 30, 2002
OK guys!I am having a problem with my LEFT fork seal.I just had a new OEM put in 2 weeks ago.This weekend it started leaking again.I am using PJ_1 7.5 WT at 90mm.Mine is a 2000 KDX 200.

jmutiger

Oct 10, 2001
This might be silly, but have you checked the inner leg for damage? If it's scratched it'll wear out the seal..

Same thing with the bushings, if they are worn, then the seal can't do it's job properly..

Could be dirt jammed in the seal, are you running external dirt seals, like the stock boots, or perhaps some seal savers? They really help..

Jon!

MLEACH

Mar 30, 2002
jmutiger,thanks for the advice.I'll check on these.Really strange that this started after changing to 7.5 wt oil.

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
any installation trouble on that side,everything seated ,carefully done,nothin got hit,banged or nicked?maybe just crud,try the film neg/wd40 trick.i run 10w in one of my bikes,no problems?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Sounds like it time to ship it off to jeremy! ask fred about how well he tricks out a set of KDX bump sticks.

Kamofly

Apr 28, 2002
i'm going to buy some of those-- fabric type-- seal savers W/ my next set of seals. This will be my second set of seals in a year!
they should pay for themselves!
constant purchassing of seals/oil can get expensive.

'98 KDX 200 & '91 KDX 250

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Seems to be 2 common things with the KDX bikes -- leaking drain plugs and leaking seals.

Be sure to get new seals and dust wipers! If you do not wipe the dust and dirt from the shaft before the seals, you will get dirt in the seals and they will leak. The seal savers do help also, so get some of them also.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom