TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
Hi, I have stock forks on my 96 yz125 and they have been revalved for a 160 lb rider. I weigh 140, but it's ok as i prefer stiff suspension. My problem is when i replaced the seals, and put 15 weight oil in them. This seemed to work excellent for the jumps, when the forks bottomed (rarely) they gave a little bump like most bikes. My front end kept climbing out of ruts and it will be getting colder soon, so i put 10wt oil in. Now the forks bottom very easily even with the compression clickers pushed in to almost their locks. They work a lot better in corners, but on any relatively hard landings they blow through the stroke and "spike" my hands, they send a huge jolt straight into my wrists that ive never experienced before.

Also, my forks have race tech .4 kg fork springs and there are 3 washers (or shims?) at the bottom of the forks. Im running stock oil level too. Does anyone have any tips for me?

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
It sounds like your midvalve is worn and needs looking at, 10wt oil is heavy and 15 is very heavy, you shoudl get good performance from a 5 or 7.5wt.

Top Bottom