Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
I have an '89 RMX, and lately have been having trouble with fouling plugs. I have been riding this bike using the same gas/oil mix for the last 15 years, ( 1 bottle of Golden Spectro to 5.5 gal Amoco Premium ) and I never had trouble with fouling before. And it's not just my bike with the problem. My kid's '90 YZ-80 used one plug for the last 4 years, but we lately have been fouling plugs in it too. We just got an '04 KXD 220 about 2 weeks ago, and guess what? Yep, it's eating plugs too. 3 of them in about 50 miles.

What's the deal? Has the gas changed drastically, or did Spectro chage the oil? The way it's going, I won't be able to buy gas since I spent all my money on plugs! :bang:

Rotor

YZThumper

~SPONSOR~
Aug 6, 2001
Sometimes fouling plugs is a sign of a leaking crank seal. The seal is letting oil past and being sucked up in to the cylinder and fouling the plug. I had this happen on an older YZ 250 I owned. The bike ran for years without fouling plugs and I hadn't made any changes. Out of the blue it would eat plugs, even at half or more throttle which was really odd. It turns out my cranks seals were trashed. Good Luck !!

Top Bottom