TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Well... this is a first. My tree is possessed! First it falls down and destroys half the ornaments on it and today we came home to our cat gazing upon the tree. Didn't think much of it until I hear my wife scream out. The freaking thing is infested with what looks like a cross between a tick and a spider. Hundreds of these things! And it's been in our house since before Thanksgiving and I've yet to see one of these critters until tonight. They don't move real fast and seem to be congregated around the base mostly. That made it easier to douse them with bug spray after relocating all the presents. I'm guessing that they are some sort of sap eating bug cause they leave a nasty smudge on the carpet that takes a spot cleaner to get up.

Any ideas on what these are? I'm guessing they were probably eggs on the tree and hatched just recently. I was bitching about having to put lights on the tree, then about it falling over and having to start all over.... now this? I'm going back to fake trees! LOL

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Tell me you did NOT get bug douche on my present.

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
I researched these bugs, go to google then images, and type in sap bugs and scroll down. These bugs are plant/tree sap eating bugs.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
The tree IS your present. You get bugs, douche, and lots of little maxi-pads thrown in too! I was feeling magnanimous this year.

For the low low price of the cost of shipping, I'll include 3 bottles of Resolve Spot Treatment as well. :)

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Gee thanks. At least I got you the same thing I got you last year, free shipping too.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
RM85rider123 said:
I researched these bugs, go to google then images, and type in sap bugs and scroll down. These bugs are plant/tree sap eating bugs.

Looks like it's some sort of aphid or adelgid. After hitting the tree with some Uncle Vintage Dirt's Incredible Douche Flavor Enhancer, I just vacuumed up about another 50 bugs.

VD.... Can't wait to see the gift! I'll go wait at the mailbox right now so I can tear it away from the mail dudes hands. I'm sure he'd prolly steal it once he saw the return addy. :)

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
So is VD... but we still keep one of him around for historical reasons! :laugh:

I gotta get the tree to dry out first... then it's gone!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I bombed the bugs with bug spray. It seems to have worked. Another couple of hundred of the things fell out. I hope there isn't another egg pod thing in there somewhere.... These things are a PITA!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Ah the smell of fresh.... bug spray fill the house. Nothing says Christmas better.

SINGLETRAC

Oct 10, 2007
we had the same bugs last year.one got in my brother verns ear and layed eggs.today he walks in circles mumbling, and he now eats his own feces.....MERRY CHRISTMAS !!! :laugh:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I hate bugs and I hate Texans too. Except Patman of course.

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I know.... so I boxed up a couple hundred of the bugs and mailed them to you!

You're welcome!!!

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Haha, Twinkles crabs got bored down in his salt n peppered groin and decided to play on his xmas tree.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
Green Horn said:
Haha, Twinkles crabs got bored down in his salt n peppered groin and decided to play on his xmas tree.

Damn you Greenie ... I was going to post something about the sabertooth crotch crickets too, but held back. LOL

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I'm thinking the bugs jumped ship off the Tiwnkster and onto a less smelly tree.

Top Bottom