fredette torque ring

kdxcw

Mar 5, 2000
I just installed a fredette torque ring. I noticed one of the o-rings on the exhaust pipe is no longer in the head.The bike is a little louder.Will this hurt anything? Any way to help seal the exhaust?

speedyts49

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2002
I could not really tell the difference after installing a torque ring. Then again I plan on putting one on my recently purchased KDX. Ok Ok I thought I could tell a little.
I think I will also try some high temp silicone as suggested if I can't get the o rings for my FMF pipe.
93 kdx200
91 kdx200 that needs a rear wheel
tom :silly:

vibguy1

Nov 15, 2001
I just installed a torque ring before I went to Stoney Lonesome this past weekend. I thought I could tell a difference it came off the bottom a little stronger. For the cost it does not hurt to try one

Joe

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
missing o-ring...does it hurt?

Performance? Yes, likely.

Anything that causes or allows a leak at the pipe/cylinder joint will affect performance.

A 2-stroke exhaust is a tuned mechanism. Leaks mess that state of 'tune' up. If it's 'louder', that indicates a leak.

Semantics maybe??...but...the o-ring isn't supposed to be 'in the head' but on the pipe, right?

Jackpiner57

~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
vibguy1,
do you also have an aftermarket pipe? I wonder what would happen if you put a torque ring on a FMF Gnarly "Torque"pipe. Overkill? Or put one on a Gnarly "Rev" pipe.

ninjaman

Feb 10, 2002
I have a REV pipe and I made my own spacer. Very easy to do. I noticed it did lower my hit about 500 rpm. And yes I have a tach on it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…