matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
It is driving me crazy that more people aren't using the free (or inexpensive) mods that are available to kdx owners. It seems most are tossing the airbox lid and rejetting. beyond that it seems lots of people are missing out. they go for the pipes, silencers, reed cages, both sprockets and a chain, professional suspension work,etc. before they try the free stuff to see if it works for them. My favorite mod would be my pipe and fork springs and then my Vforce3. But large improvements (to me) for less than $20 are counter shaft sprocket change (gearing), air snorkel removed from lid (I chose to leave my lid on), jetting which should be done with almost any engine mod, timing change ($10-$15 tool purchase), and my favorite free mod right next to changing my timing was removing the 2 shims in the forks. Then there almost countless little things to be done to make the bike fit your personal needs and use. Maybe I'm just a tight wad though!

Tyler3386

Jul 25, 2005
Did changing your timing give you more top end? From what I understand it shifts the power curve in the rpm range but maybe thats wrong.

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
I have a woods pipe and am more interested in bottom end. I can tell a big difference in bottom end power and snap and I dont feel any difference in the top end. However I remember some one talking about drag racing two similar bikes (kdx 200s) and one would fall slightly behind. The only reported difference was the one that fell behind (seems like 1/2 a bike length in third gear was all) had the timming advanced quite a ways.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom