From KDX to EC250

B

Jun 29, 2000
Hi Guys,
Im new on your forum but Ive been over in the KDX bit for wa while. Ive been looking for a new bike to replace my aging KDX and have seen a GASGAS EC250 99 and was wondering about a few things.

Do you think it would make a good greenlaning bike? ie would it be a good on/off roader as between trails theres quite oa few roads here in the UK. I know its a good enduro bike but is it a little lively to run in traffic?

Whats your servicing/ parts prices like? Is it an expensive bike to run?

A how does the power hit on this bike? Used to the KDX, Im not sure if I really need a wilder and more tiring bike to ride over long distances.

Cheers B

T-Bone

~SPONSOR~
Feb 10, 2001
The EC250 is smouth like your KDX ... but ON NITRO !!!
But even with all that power I would pick the EC Hands down. And parts are cheep.

B

Jun 29, 2000
Thanks T Bone. I went along to look at the bike which was OK but it needed some TLC. Im just pricing parts now.

B

twostrokes

Jan 29, 2002
hay b ul love it i went from a crm to an ec300 a year ago now i do a few enduros but mainly green lanes in suffolk not as hilly as ur patch but the bike rocks. the only down side if there is one is wen u hav a real fast day the fuel can b as low as 40 miles to the tank although iv also had over 60 to the tank. its very cheep on spares a complete set of plastics about £100 gen piston kit and gasket kit £110 ect no probs on the road

B

Jun 29, 2000
Its pretty cheap to satrt with, 1200 for a 99 model registered 2000. It a bit tatty but worth spending the coin on.

B

MLEACH

Mar 30, 2002
B ! I also moved up to an 03ec250 from a 00KDX200. Man I love this GAS GAS! Great power, much more suspension,more stable. Only down side is small thin seat.O well, I ride better standing anyway.

B

Jun 29, 2000
Thanks for your input guys,

I bought the bike eventially and ripped it to bits straight away. It looks like mainly frame plastics wear. All the plastics look like they have been removed at some point and all the bolts and screws have been lost. Its then been reassemdeld with odds and sods. Still, Ive decided that Id spend about 3-400 quid of the bike , which should make it.

B

UK

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…