MitchFong

Jul 20, 2004
My front brake is completely useless and i have tried bleeding it to get the air out for hours and nothing happens. lots of fluid going through the cable but there is no pressure or soemthing?? the manual says nothing about it and i cant see why the brake wont work..
anyone have a similar problem like this beofre?

Peer Lovell

Nov 25, 1999
You may have a leake in the front master cylinder. However, the most likely cause is air still in the system. How are you bleeding the brake. If you are tying to bleed it by pumping the lever, there is a good chance it won't work. Try a 3 ft. length of clear pastic hose. Put one end on the bleed valve, coil up the hose, remove the reservoir cover and suck on the hose while refreshing the reservoir.
This isn't too pretty, but it's cheap and 100% foolproof.

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
If there is aboslutely no pressure, I suspect the master cylinder.

However, if the brake is just very weak, you might still have air in. I have had some success by removing the caliper, hose and master cylinder from the bike and hanging it straight on a wall for a few days. Tap the line a few times a day to break any air bubbles loose. Sometimes you get a big bubble sticking in the hose that will just not bleed out easily.

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Before you get too carried away, try this. Find a roll of duct tape (or any good, strong tape). Pull in the brake lever and tape it to the handlebar in the on position. Leave it overnight. Try the brake. This has always made mine work like new again. Obviously, the brake needs to be bled before and new fluid installed.

I dont know why this works. I believe it might let any trapped air in the mastercylinder out.

MitchFong

Jul 20, 2004
alright i bled it off for awhuile and the brake works now. the pull is still really ****ty but it works..
i guess a bit of air is still in there and ill try your guys suggestions.
thanks alot
mitch

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
If the lever is "smushy" after you put new fluid in, I take the master cylinder cover off, and squeeze the lever a ton of times to release trapped air. Strap the lever to the grip and release the bleeder nut then tighten bleeder nut. Then I repeat until the brakes are solid.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom