tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
did you ever notice how easy your fork is to compress with the bleeder screw out? i am sure it is because the air on the top of the fork leg is not compressed. why cant you make an adjustable check valve in place of the bleeder screw. i dont want an "air adjustable fork" with a shrader valve. seems that you could make an mx fork much more compliant when going back and forth from woods to mx. if air emulsion of the fork fluid is a problem then use a bladder. just need a valve to help meter air in and out of the fork. is this doable? has it been done?

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
We tried a bit of a thing like this a while back on KTMs with MZ forks Enduro bikes . We had a fitting on each fork cap that went into airshock hose thenwe plumbed onto the top frame tude and we incereased the air space in the fork dramatically. actually we did it to try to stop blowing seals. The forks gopt very plush and smooth. I feel tis setup would work really good on newer bikes with like KYB bumper forks and longer bottoming cones . You could help tune the forks real soft and still have some good bottoming resistance , it would be good for roots & rocks and you could shut it off with a valve for faster sections or whoops etc . On the MZs it may not have worked as well as on normal forks because of the l/s comp r/s rebound setup with these forks . Maybe when I get some time to plat with it I can try it on KYBs or on my new CR250s Showas Maybe Ill make a set of the first triple chamber forks ??

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Also if you want to just put bleeders on your forks you should look into a set of Tire bleeders for Dirt race cars . The problem with that would be you wouldnt want to lose oil from the forks . Maybe you could set something up where there is an oil retainer or separator. You would need that with a check valve system also . There are fork bleeder kits on the market but they are manually operated . I installed a few of these on woods bikes also .You just push down the tip and it bleeds off air pressure.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
let me know how it works out on the cr. i think it would make a bike much more tunable. i dont want bleeders but an adjustable restrictor.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom