Front forks

my250

Mar 19, 2002
There's probably a few posts on this ...

I think I need to replace the fork oil seals on my 98 CR250 beacuse towards the end of last year one of them was leaking like a sive. I'm not much of a mechanic, but I'll give it a whirl ....

Is it hard ?
Anything to avoid/look out for ?

I have a Honda manual to help

Replies welcome

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
You would likely get better response over at the Suspension Forum, but basically, it is not too hard. Follow the manual and you should be fine. Also check over at www.mx-tech.com in the "Downloads" area for a real good step by step procedure on the teardown and reassembly.

You will need to make the little holder tool, they show in the manual (the two prong fork thing), and will need a 50mm wrench for the top caps...you can get away with a crescent type, but be very, very careful, the metal is very soft on these caps. Better to buy the right wrench form Motion Pro, or similar.

Take your time and remember to keep everything real clean. You'll do fine!

my250

Mar 19, 2002
thanks.

can somebody pls move this to the suspension forum. I can't figure out how to do it. thx

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Don't worry about it, hopefully that will give you enough to get through the job anyhow. Good luck!

BigYZ

Jun 27, 2002
I did my fork seals not long ago with no manual and absolutely no experience with forks. It was a cake walk, you'll be able to do it easily.

Good luck

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…