jbrim

Feb 25, 2004
Has anyone ever removed the front shock covers (the black rubber boots) and replaced them with a shock saver and plastic shock guards.thanks

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
KAY DEE EXER said:

Do you have a close up picture of the sealsaver and how it closes? Is it a cylinder, or do yours wrap around a secure with something? I bought another brand and I am not sure if I like their mounting instructions. It is just a piece of neoprene with a separate piece of velcro the looks like it is supposed to go on the inside of the neoprene, kind of leaving a gap on the outside? The back of the velco will be rubbing on the fork tube.

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
It is basically a rectangle piece of neoprene that has velcro on each side. It wraps around the fork leg and you velcro it to itself. These are Australian made Seal Savers. The US version are a cylinder of neoprene which require removal of the fork legs to install them. If you need photos still, shout...

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
KAY DEE EXER said:
It is basically a rectangle piece of neoprene that has velcro on each side. It wraps around the fork leg and you velcro it to itself. These are Australian made Seal Savers. The US version are a cylinder of neoprene which require removal of the fork legs to install them. If you need photos still, shout...

I have the rectangular type. Did you install the velcro on the inside or outside of the neoprene? Currently I have them installed with the velcro on the inside and am worried about the back of the velcro rubbing on the fork tube all the time.

McRider

Jan 25, 2000
Something to think about

If you race in desert or rocky terrain, the roost from a bike in front of you can put a ding in your inner fork tube if you don't have the rubber gaiter on. This ding will leave a burr on the tube that can quickly eat the fork seal. Been there done that.

strider80

Feb 3, 2003
McRider said:
If you race in desert or rocky terrain, the roost from a bike in front of you can put a ding in your inner fork tube if you don't have the rubber gaiter on. This ding will leave a burr on the tube that can quickly eat the fork seal. Been there done that.

Usually I am a woods rider, but this weekend I am headed to the Desert100 in Odessa, cross my fingers I guess. I see you are in Washington, are you headed to the 100?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom