Front Sprocket Questions

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I just ordered a 14 tooth front sprocket. What is the biggest sprocket you can put on the front? Also, what is the biggest sprocket you can put on the front with a 108 (stock # of links) link chain?

thanks! :cool:

NGE

Uhhh...
Sep 6, 2003
hmmm, I just dropped mine to a 12 tooth.. funny how the world is....

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
I cant imagine the little KDX being able to pull anything larger than a 14 - I guess if you were converting it to a street bike???

The 12 is the way to go for the woods. 13 is good if the terrain is more open. I guess 14 may work for the desrt riders - but the bike will still do 60+ in stock getup. Why do you want to go so tall ont he gearing?

sn

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
That is interesting. Not a matter of interest, but interesting.

I would doubt you could put a 15CSS on the KDX. Maybe if you took the chain guard off? Even then I'd think something would be in the way.

A 15CSS would lift the chain clear off the slipper, wouldn't it?

RE: Why go so tall?

Mr. Freestyle is an MX-er. You know...the style of bike that needs high speeds in long straight sections, that doesn't really need much in the way of bottom end.

Wolf

doooode
Jul 31, 2000
canyncarvr said:
Mr. Freestyle is an MX-er. You know...the style of bike that needs high speeds in long straight sections, that doesn't really need much in the way of bottom end.

I had to read that part 2 or 3 times! ROTFLMAO

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
I actually like the setup! Some of you woods guys, or even desert riders might like the 14/47 combo too. It still has enough low end to lug around in 2nd gear, but till pull the gear a lot longer. It was only a 13$ mod., so if you dont like it, its not like your throwing away money as if you didnt seat a circlip the right was in your piston. :bang: ( i have never done that by the way :nener: ) If you guys would like to try the extra pulling power, it might help with less shiftin, then again it could be more, depending on how you ride and how you use the clutch. IMO, I'd try it.

:yeehaw:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…