Ryan_KDX

Aug 18, 2002
I bought one for my 96 KDX200. Its seems to slip over the shaft fine (with the help of a dremel) and kick over like it should, but the problem is that it doesnt seem to be bent forward enough to clear the flame. Is this somewhat normal (like FMF quality) or did Fredette send me the wrong lever??

bcVulcan

Nov 13, 2002
Is it in the right position/on the correct spline? I didn't have that problem. Why did you have to use a dremel?

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
It is a tight fit in any case. I took a little metal off the back of it to clear the frame when I first put it on. In a year's time it has worn to the extent it touches a bit.

But it also touches the -30 pipe, too. Granted, that pipe has been dinged, straightened, aligned and dinged summore, so it's likely NOT where it's supposed to be.

Ryan_KDX

Aug 18, 2002
I'll post a pic of what the problem is in a day or two. I'm pretty busy with school and wont have time to work on it for a while. Thanks for the help though.

dixie

Feb 22, 2003
New parts are supose to fit tight and like said before you must be on the wrong spline , and the bike starts easyer in mind opion the short kicker is the way to go.

Top Bottom