Fuel Filter Question

td center

Apr 26, 2004
I removed the petcock from my 2000 Honda CR125 to find out that the tiny fuel filter built into the petcock is torn apart. I have looked through Honda's Microfiche, and see that only the WHOLE petcock assembly is sold...not just the filter.

So, I was curious if I could buy an aftermarket in-line fuel filter, trim my fuel line accordingly, and have adequate fuel filtration and enough flow through to be as good as, or better, than the little filter in the petcock assembly?

Thanks for any help in advance! :cool:

uts

Jan 8, 2004
You sure can get in line filters for dirt bikes. Even your Honda dealer can get these for you. They will probably work better than the in-tank one.

td center

Apr 26, 2004
uts said:
You sure can get in line filters for dirt bikes. Even your Honda dealer can get these for you. They will probably work better than the in-tank one.

That's very good news! I just wanted to make sure it would flow the same amount of fuel. I heard at the Honda shop that it would regulate fuel(premix) differently, but didn't think it really would. Thanks again. :cool:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Just make sure that you get a filter that can flow enough for your bike. My friend had one that was a little too small once, it ran fine most places but when we went to the dunes it ran out on long hills, causing minor seizure to the exhaust side of the piston.

td center

Apr 26, 2004
Do you think the filter found in Tucker Rocky's catalog (item #: 15-912 VISU FUEL FILTER 701C) would work for a 2000 CR125? Or any of the other cheap filters from Tucker Rocky's catalog? Thanks.

Sorry, tried to post a link, but it would not let me.

matt-itude

Jul 6, 2004
I put one on my kdx it was called a vision or view something like that it was clear plastic quite robust looking with a sintered brass center you could see. flows really good only a few bucks makes it nice to see if you have a fuel supply problem or mine is mounted kind of sideways so if i happened to get water in my fuel it would settle and i would be able to see it being clear like glass i can inspect for dirt and debris and changing takes just seconds and also the sintered brass doesnt get hurt from setting and drying out while the bike is stored. i highly recomend it.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…