gthoma23

Apr 24, 2008
I needed a new fuel filter, but i guess honda makes you buy the whole fuel valve just to get it. so i decided to get the inline fuel filter. before i put the new fuel filter in i cleaned my carb w/ carb cleaner really well.

so i went to start my bike, so i turned on the fuel. for some reason, it just starts dumpin fuel out the over flows.

has any1 had this problem? is it cause i didn't keep the stock filter in, or did i do somethin to the carb when i cleaned it?

i had this happen before, but it was nowhere near as bad. i'd try to kick my bike and it would leak out a little. but now, soon as i turn the fuel on it just starts dumpin out the overflows. i thought it could be the float bowls getting stuck, but i took it apart and that didn't do anythin.

any ideas would help a ton...thanks!

oldguy

Always Broken
Dec 26, 1999
You messed up the float when you had the carb apart

You might get lucky and be able to gently tap on the side of the bowl and get it to let loose from whatevr is hold it. If that does not work you will need to pull off the bowl and make sure the float moves up and down freely and then make sure it is in proper adjustment

gthoma23

Apr 24, 2008
come to find out, it was the valve seat. my manual said if it was bad, it would leak like crazy. put a new one in, and if works great. :cool:

Top Bottom