EYY

May 22, 2010
I agree with mudpack. Although IMHO, as long as the oil/fuel ratio isn't too lean and the jetting is right, there shouldn't be anything to worry about regardless of oil type.

I run semi synthetic oil.

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
You won't see any difference in performance. The synthetic will give you a little insurance if you run lean...but you'll never know if it's saved the motor or not, so it's not quantifiable.
I run it for the extra insurance.

jarin12ga

Sep 1, 2012
Synthetic has a higher burning level ,so it doesn't break down as fast .It protects the piston and rings better.I run KLOT techniplate it's expensive ,but really good oil.Or amsoil and maxima is good stuff too.

2morestrokes

May 19, 2012
I also run Klotz Techniplate but I do a 50/50 mix with Honda GN2 regular mineral 2-stroke oil. I do notice a difference in performance with the addition of synthetic oil, the motor has a deeper thump and it honestly seems to pull harder in the higher gears. The 50/50 mix makes the Klotz go a lot further and between the both of them mixed they burn off clean, I've pulled my jug off and checked. The synthetic by itself seems to build up and accumulate everywhere without the addition of the regular mineral mix I do.

zeerx

Jan 25, 2003
I've been using Golden Spectro Syn. Concentrate at 64:1 in my KDX's since 1985. Never had a problem. YMMV. Cheers. Rock on.

I also use 110 race gas. :nener:

argclh6670

Jan 27, 2013
)I run Redline full synthetic at 32:1 on all my 2t's. 100 hrs later on my Rmx and a couple hare scrambles my piston was still in spec. Shop said it looked like a very low hour piston. I'm a c classed rider and it is jetted well.

ridejunky

Dec 6, 2005
I run Honda HP 2 full syn 32:1 .. I like the way it smells. I don't think it matters too much, its a KDX...the motors are bullet proof and the suspension keeps you from working it too hard. Gas her up and ride

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Kaw4me said:
Maxima 927 !

High tech synthetic with Castor blended in .
And it smells good too.

Top Bottom