Gear bags?

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Thor and Fox have some nice ones IMO. I have the Fox Large Gear Bag and Red has the Thor Kicker Bag.

Thor's Kicker Bag is BIG but not that bulky. It's pretty tall... compared to the older Thor gear bags that covered a lot of floor space but weren't that tall. And it has plenty of nice compartments for everything you would possibly need in a weekend. BUT it doesn't have wheels (only downfall). (Dimensions - 34 L x 16 W x 19 H)

Fox's Large Gear Bag is similar to the Thor Kicker bag - but again... no wheels. But other than that - it's a great bag - very BIG and lots of storage pockets. (Dimensions - 36 L x 15 W x 18 H)

The Thor Wheelie Bag does have wheels (duh... what gave it away), costs a little more, and opens kinda like a suitcase... with the boot compartment on one side (bottom of bag) and gear, etc. on the other (top of bag). Looks a little harder to just "throw" gear into it, but nice for organized people :confused: (Dimensions - 32 L x 16 W x 16 H)

Thor Bags

Fox Bags

J.B.426

~SPONSOR~
Mar 20, 2000
Although I don't have one yet the No Fear transporter bag seems to be one of the best to me. Also I think One Industries has new one out now that is really nice. They both have wheels. www.nofearmx.com in the accessories page. Just some options.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
Originally posted by Coop37
Whats the best gear bag out there and why.
I have the old AXO race case, and loved it, but it is worn out, and time for a new bag, what do you guys think will compare to the race case, if any ?

Is that the one that has two bottom vented boot compartments, one on each end? I use to have one like that and I'm still looking for one as good to replace it.

Wraith

Do the impossible its fun
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
It's not a gearbag. But it works better than any I've ever had. I bought a big rubbermaid type chest at the Dollar General for under $10. It will hold my boots, socks, pants, kneepads, jersey, chest protector, elbow guards. camel back, gloves, helmet, 1 big toolbox, and 2 smaller ones that I carry spare nuts and bolts and what not. Doesn't leak. And fits nicely in the bed of the truck. I figured why spend all that money on a bag, when I can get something that works as good, if not better.:cool:

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I really like my Fox Large Gear bag. Plenty of space for everything, plus it has a little fold up mat in it's own pocket that you can stand on, for when my retarded buddy parks a little too close the swamp.;)

sspmxc400

Aug 30, 2001
The rubbermaid option is good for a couple of reasons and bad for others.

Good -
Rainproof
rinse with a hose
Cheap
Haul gear or tools,etc..

Bad
awkward and can be heavy - tough if you move it a lot. Mine goes from basement to truck (pain with stairs and all).
Takes a little more room in truck - but won't fit easily in an extended cab if you want to carry it there for security or whatever.
Not Cool

The No Fear bag gets the highest ratings by the trade mags.:D

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I have the large Fox bag, and IMHO it could stand to be a bit bigger. I load it up with:

boots (nice boot compartments, one on each side and well vented)
gloves (3 pairs)
pants (1 pair)
jerseys (2)
kidney belts (2)
goggles (7)
riding shorts (1)
socks (2 pairs)
knee pads (1 pair)
helmet (1)
chest protector (1)

The bag barely closes, and I have to pack it properly or it won't all fit in.

I like the No Fear bag, it looks like it is built just as well as the Fox bag (very well, no complaints there) with a little more room to spare.

Rodzilla

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 21, 1999
I've got the big Thor kicker (It is BIG)

My dislikes are that you are tempted to fill the sucker up and it gets HEAVY :scream: I carry my boots, helmet, CP, two jersey's, two pair of pants, socks, compression shorts, etc...

Because it's so stinkin big I also carry some suntan lotion, Off, maps, a few power bars, compass, and a host of other crap. Pretty soon the thing weighs in at 45 lbs. If you don't fill it up it kind of collapses on itself and is difficult to carry (I'm 5'10 and 190 so not a bitty little thing) It just seems to be awkward (sp?)

If I had to do it over I'd get something a little smaller.

Rod

Mudboy

Dec 3, 1999
Long live the big ugly old Rubbermade Toughmate! It holds all my crap and can get crammed anywhere it will fit (wedged between pegs, etc.) without getting hurt. And then you flip off the lid, throw it on the ground (clean side up), and VIOLA, you have a little place to stand while you strip for the crowds in the lot and change into/out of your gear. Plus, they're dirt cheap. What more could you ask for?:D

CAB

Nov 18, 1999
Get a bag with the fold out changing mat. I have the big blue Fox bag and love it. Well constructed, easily worth half what I paid for it!!

Make a note- if you go the $3.00 rubbermaid route, make sure you pull gear out between rides. My friend didn't one time and he had mold (yes mold) growing up the insides of the container!!!!

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
Originally posted by CAB

Make a note- if you go the $3.00 rubbermaid route, make sure you pull gear out between rides. My friend didn't one time and he had mold (yes mold) growing up the insides of the container!!!!

Man, I hope I don't buy anything used off that guy:p I guess I'm pretty anal (oppps can i say that, I didn't mean it in a bad way) I make sure to have plenty of time after a ride to clean and refresh everything from A-Z.:uh:

Wraith

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2000
But rubber box or cloth bag. I think if you left greasy nasty sweaty muddy gear in anything. It will mold;)

Antman

Dec 17, 2001
I got the largest alpinestars bag. It has several compartments, holds boots, a helmet,pants, knee braces jersey, camelback, whatever. Dennis Kirk carries these. Oh yeah it has wheels.;)

IDkTm

Jul 12, 2000
I've got a Large Fox bag, the blue and yelllow one. I normally pack two pairs of pant, boots, 3 or 4 jerseys, plus camping clothes on occasion. Its been a good bag for me, its big and has tons of pockets. I can never fill them all. After I'm done riding I always pack my gear back into the plastic bag it came in when I bought it, helps to keep clean things clean.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
For gear I use Team Malboro duffle bag. Cost about 1500 marlboro miles, and has lots of zipper pockets. For boots use a 55 gal. glad garbage bag.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…