geez!

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
I was out riding today, and was sitting on top of this hill, after talking to two parked guys on 125's. I thought it was clear, so I went around the jump on the other side of the hill cautiously. out of nowhere, this guy on a souped up 80 flew off the jump, hitting my foot with the front knobby, tearing my reinforced work boots, ans smashing my foot against the side of the tranny.

so, 5 hours later, two lacerated toes, one fractured, and 3 swollen, I'm home!

It's time to buy some riding boots... :)

by Friday, I'll be back on the bike. although it's probably not best. oh well!

here's where it happened, but this picture was taken the previous fall.

you can see the snowmobile jump ( a dirt covered 70's snowmobile that's been there for ages) that goes over the main trail. the part to go around is off the picture, and this is taken from the top of the hill where the two guys were sitting.

acac1225

Mar 26, 2007
that had to hurt,how fast do you think the guy on the 80 hit you?

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
probably anywhere from 10-30 mph, not really sure.

it was not fun, that's for sure! ;)

first bone I've broken, ever!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
schmanman said:
I thought it was clear, so I went around the jump on the other side of the hill cautiously. out of nowhere, this guy on a souped up 80 flew off the jump
Did I understand correctly? You rode around the blind landing side of a jump and got hit by someone who was doing the jump?

If so, you caused the crash. How is the kid on the 80? I bet he's telling his friends:
I was riding my souped up 80 and when I was already in the air I see some bozo slowly riding across the landing.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
High Lord Gomer said:
Did I understand correctly? You rode around the blind landing side of a jump and got hit by someone who was doing the jump?

If so, you caused the crash. How is the kid on the 80? I bet he's telling his friends:

same here. kind of reminds you of JBS in Canada, doesnt it? this could also have been in the "Flame Board" :nod: .

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
no. the jump is something you can see over, and the two people I knew were jumping it were taking a break, I was not moving slowly.

this guy almost hit our bus earlier that day (if not saved by some good driving by our bus driver), and hit some kid on a quad last weekend.

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Maybe he should open his eyes while riding :coocoo:

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
What do you mean "bus"?

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
150rguy said:
What do you mean "bus"?

A bus is a large conveyance, designed to carry several people.

They are often used to transport young children to school, in which case they are painted yellow. You may recall riding on one at one point in your life. Your's, however, may have been a bit shorter than most.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
Yes I've always wanted to ride on one of the looooong ones but the meany teacher lady never lets me :(

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
ueah, our school bus. the guy, like you guys said, needs to open his eyes.

JohnRaven.exe

Jun 5, 2006

LMAO! Thats the funniest thing ever! haha, good stuff!

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
Racesmith said:
Consider yourself lucky. Your injuries could have been a whole lot worse.

yes, I'm glad he did'nt hit my face, or land on my lap.

the bike was also unharmed.

150rguy

I got fat bars!
Dec 21, 2006
JohnRaven.exe said:
LMAO! Thats the funniest thing ever! haha, good stuff!
It would have been funnier if he was talking to some one else and not me :bang:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…