generic bike for a generic me

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Need more details on you and your riding intentions. Those bikes are OK for light duty. But not for "real" trail abuse.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Looks scary to me. Much assembly required :ohmy: :bang: :pissed:

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
well all im really doing is just riding around a dirt circle >.<...im only 14 lol and the assembly is no prob

Ruff Rider

Sep 14, 2004
If assembly isnt a problem, ill assume youd be knowledgeable enough to buy a used bike, fix any problems, and save alotta money. $1500 is alot for a bike your gonna be going around in circles with.

lithium

Apr 10, 2005
i agree with ruff...not only that but you can pick one up locally thats used and that has a good rep....because you might not know exactly what your getting at the online place. plus the more well known brands will keep resale better.

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
i've been searching for used bikes everywhere for months and nothing....almost found a honda 185cc....but it had no engine lol...just a 185 frame...and thats about it for my 2k i have to spend

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
well i decided im gunna buy...or rather my dad has lol....anyways...anything i should be aware of going from a TTR 90 to a 200cc enduro?? all my dirtbiking experience has been with that little 90 that i broke the kickstand/gearlever from wheelie fallin ^^

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
although I am gonna kick myself for saying it, why not look for a used KDX200? There are zillions of them out there. There's also zillions of parts for them. Matter of fact, they even have their own forum here: KDX FORUM

if you ask those guys, the KDX200 is the only bike ever made . . . ;)

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
well,the deals done now...and i don't wanna argue with my dad..if i wanna keep my head >.>

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
can someone help out a poor poor newb/noob/whatever spellings.....what kinda power difference is their from a 90cc to a 200cc??

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Given what you had and what you bought, not much, :(

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Yea, sorry about that.....not trying to be mean or anything. But a TTR-90 runs pretty good, and I think that enduro copy is gonna be a disapointment to you. It might do ok for a while, but it won't hold up like a Yamaha, or any other big 5 bike for that matter. YZ165

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
yeah...well hopefully ill get a dirtbike soon....like a 450 ^^ or 200 they both work

DarkFox

Apr 4, 2005
The difference in power, ( i went from a 1980's z50r mini to a Honda '96 CR250r) it might take some getting used to. I'm 15, and stand at 6 foot 1, weigh about 190, and the power difference for me was like .. O,o .. Holy! It probably wont be as extreme a transition for you as it was for me, since what you bought is a 4stroke enduro, and me a 2stroke MX. But you'll probably end up stalling alot for the first few days like me (better to stall than to flip that kinda bike in my opinion). I wish i bought a 4storke instead.. street legal n stuff.. but , take your time learning on it :D

john3_16

May 17, 2004
My question is, how in the world are you going to find parts for it ?

Try and cancel that order if you can and just find a used one...

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
yeah that was my question too...well hopefully once it breaks and i can't find any parts for it....hopefully my daddy can spot me and get a dirt bike that i can legalize (spelling?).... :ride:

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Looks like a fun bike. Keep us updated, let us now what you think about it and what you like/dislike about it. Time will tell.

Above all, go ride and have fun! :cool:

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
wow this is some change from a ttr-90....the front wheel is taller than the Yami lol i've only stalled it once so far...yay im going to a trail tomorrow hopefully nothing bad will happen >.>

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
Its all good!, when it comes to dirt riding. Just keep us informed with your progress. Others may consider that bike! You can help them in the future with your input. :moon:

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
hmmm...well after assembly'n it i thought it was all good...but just to make sure i took it to my uncle who builds bikes for a living...he said it was fine. so i took it riding and now its a piece of junk that moves....all the screws and bolts come lose and the chain falls off every 15 mins of riding the engine was spewing fire!!...i rode my friends crf-100...that thing is WAY better than this "DZ-200" and the parts are a problem >.< the front fender broke off because of vibration... its made out of pot metal and...my front rim is bent...whew...ok im looking for a 2 stroker...but im a poor sob so here are my choices on carsoupe this ----> http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail....hID=9499720&vehicleTypeID=3&UVViewID=4&Page=4 or this -----> http://www.carsoup.com/used/detail....hID=9500228&vehicleTypeID=3&UVViewID=4&Page=4

xsnrg

Jul 20, 2004
TheJMan, Wish I'd have seen this thread sooner. My father has what I believe is a Suzuki SP200, which looks a lot like this bike you bought (an air-cooled dual sport 200), except it is a well put together bike. He has barely ridden it through the years, so it is in great shape and he said he'd part with it for $1000. It looks like this one, though without asking him, I can't verify the year:

http://suzukicycles.org/SP-series/SP200_brochures.shtml

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…