generic bike for a generic me

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Take off all the things that aren't necessary. If something breaks fix it with some ingenuity. Plastic replacement fenders are cheap. Even cheaper used. All chains require constant maintenance and when new, they strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrretch like a rubber band. O-ring chains aren't near as bad. Buy a bottle of Loc-Tite. Don't be hung up on how it looks. Function is more important. You could even graft on a front end from something else. I have a GSX/R front end on a Sportster!

-OR-

Sell the thing NOW while it's still new and shiny. Take what you get and buy something more mainstream. Honda XRs are durable as rocks. KDXs are everywhere and are fabulous trail bikes.

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
hah...good idea thats what im doing...im selling the tt-r 90 and the 200..im either gunna get a yamaha 200 or one of those 2 cycles

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
and to figure out the year look at the plate/sticker that should be somewhere near the upper part of the forks like under the ignition

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
Uh-oh..first of all i tried to fix up the 200...i cleaned the airfilter and did a bunch of good things. but now my first gear is broke whenever i go into 1st gear it makes a crunching sound...2-5 gear works fine....i've also noticed a major power loss second gear used to be more manly and now its well not lol. and the top speed isn't as much anymore..whats going on!?!?

Smik

Aug 21, 2005
Now I know why no one replied to my thread...same one here...:)

Got lots of useful info...thx!

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
TheJMan said:
hmmm...well after assembly'n it i thought it ....all the screws and bolts come lose

Just a hint for the future, anytime you build, or assemble something that will vibrate always uae blue locktight. This will prevent lost screws/bolts/parts.

Snagmaster

Jun 28, 2005
Dont even consider these POS bikes. Just get a late-model used trail bike that's at least in good condition. That's what i would do if i was you.

TheJMan

May 6, 2005
yeah...i wished i woulda done that..bah...now i gotta wait until i can find a job to get a new bike... thanks for all the help tho

momofarider

Jan 18, 2009
kpx200

I would like to know if anyone has information on a kpx200. i'm a single mom and bought my son a bike because it was a good deal. well i should have used my head because now i can't find a manual for this bike and it seems that it is some kind of generic thing. we need to do work on it and i'm lost as to where we should get parts etc. can anyone point me in the right direction or was i just an idiot buying this bike :)
Thanks!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…