Georgetown,Ca 3-3-02

Mojo_Rooster

Dec 30, 2001
I'm thinking about going back to Georgetown tomorrow.Last sunday the riding was perfect.Anybody interested?

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Sunday rides work for me Mojo. Talkin Bald Mountain staging area? Could be there 9:30, sporting Xr400 & green Silverado.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Come on up Rick! My directions from 50: Turn left second light in Placervile on 49 go on about 1 mile, turn right on 193 go about 15 miles, turn right at gas station in Georgetown(Wentworth springs rd.) drive about 12 miles, pass Balderston Rd. go about 2 miles up same rd. road will go down and curve left, turn right at Bald mountain lookout, drive in about 1/4 mile. If it is snowed in(doubt it), go back to Balderston turn left , stage at Rock Creek.

Mojo_Rooster

Dec 30, 2001
O.K. guys do you want to meet in Georgetown at 9 a.m.?

Look for 88 chevy p/u silver/red with ktm 300

Directions from hwy 80.

Hwy 80 east to Auburn,take hwy 49 south towards placerville,town of Cool is about 6 miles.

At the main intersection in Cool take a left.This is hwy 193.

Go about 18 miles to Georgetown.Turn left at main intersection.(Wentworth springs road.I think this is a good place to meet(right in the center of town)

The rest is the same as fremont guys directions.

The riding last weekend was perfect.No snow,just moist dirt:cool:

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Works for me Mojo, just say where, otherwise 9:30 @ Bald mountain. Were they doing any sound checks there last week?

Mojo_Rooster

Dec 30, 2001
Lets meet in Georgetown right after you turn on to Wentworth springs road.I'll be there about 9 a.m.

Last week I staged at Bald Mountain and they weren't doing sound checks there.About a month ago I went with three guys with yz426's to the rock creek staging area.The one that pulled in with me after our first loop got a ticket,the other two saw what was going on and went and hid in the woods for a while til they were gone.

fremontguy

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 1, 2000
Yee Haw!

Nice weather, 45 miles of bark busting single track. New for this ride "the flume" 5 mile treck over and across a don't look down sidehill inside a flume of water, and down to the creek. Came up a new tight trail to a steep, loose, rocky climb on south east side. Topped the day with the "once in fremontguy's lifetime" climb up the knarliest, uggliest, chewed up, rooty, switchback climb from hell:confused: trail 9-16 Thanks for throwin out the Georgetown thread Mojo_Roost. Most excellent ride, some day I'll learn to fly over roots;)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…