Gets beat

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbesch

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2008
I just bought an 04 yz 250 that is suppose to be built better the stock the cylinder was ported and pollished, head shaved, bigger carb and a few other thing. A buddy of mine has a bone stock CR 250 and he smokes me it not even close, feels like im hardly moving. Can any one give me some help or advise on what I need to do or look for to get it to preform better.

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Switch bikes for a run. Maybe its rider skill..

Is it jetted rite? Whats kind of gas you running? oil? Ratio?

rpm12505

~SPONSOR~
Sep 25, 2005
Listen to moparman. Aside from that does your engine guy know what he is doing? It's far easier to screw-up the performance of a bike than to make it better.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
rpm12505 said:
Listen to moparman. Aside from that does your engine guy know what he is doing? It's far easier to screw-up the performance of a bike than to make it better.
Swap bikes first, then find your engine guy. You may be buying a stock cylinder and head. Could be gearing. Never race a honda, find a guy with a suzuki?

CarnageZ28

Mar 25, 2008
Jetting ... If its ported, and no one knows who did it/how its done, you NEED to check the plugs ASAP to check the jetting on it.

jbesch

~SPONSOR~
Apr 5, 2008
I think jetting might be the problem I rode it today and it ran good and it was 15 to 20 degress cooler is there some where that I can look to find out about what size of jets I need to be running at about what temp.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
... and that's a good note to close this on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…