Getting a new bike, need lots of help. please read.

Poptart

Aug 3, 2006
anyone have a two stroke? i need help finding a bike

1) 5'4"
2) Pretty agressive
3) i plan to ride little woods, desert trails, fields, mabe race once i get use to new bike, mabe track.
4) i have pretty good experience
5) i might race.
6)my dad is smart, he will work on the bike.
7)i prefer the kx100. definetely 2stroke. not looking at 4stroke.
8) dealers near me carry all brands.
9) $0-$3500
10) can a 2 stroke be used for any type of riding? because im not sure if ill race, but ill still ride.
please answer number 10.

ive looked at 85ccs but i felt squished. so im really asking, is the kx100 a good bike?

Last edited:

Dave_panda

Mod Ban
Aug 4, 2006
yea 2 stroke are great all around bike but 4 stroke tecnology is so advanced now it crazy im thinking about 250f and a quick ? is this your frist bike ?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Which 125 do you think isn't nice?
What about the KTM is nice?

bikesnob

Jul 5, 2006
Okie said:
Which 125 do you think isn't nice?
What about the KTM is nice?
Strong fast reliable motor, the suspension gets a bad rap on all KTM's, but I just ride.
Know matter which bike you buy. Good luck to you :cool:

Jul 24, 2006
if you find it in your budget i personally would jump on it but that also depends how good are you now? what is your riding skill are YOU mechanically inclined? your dad may be very knowledgeable and smart but is he up to date with technology and if he is not then is he or you for that matter willing to learn not trying to put you down or your father i trust that he is a smart man and i commend your respect for your father but i have a friend that had a father that was a very smart person infact he is the reason i became an electrical eng. and he is lost with anything other than putting je5u5 juice in the tank and what the fat and thin pettles are for on the other hand i have a man that lives next door to me that never finished highschool but works on nothing less than exotic cars and gets paid to do so, i have the great fortune to have not a smart father (though that he is ) but a wise father and he said this once to me and it is that "books lead not to common sence but the comon sence that leads to the book, a man with just the knowledgge that he finds in the books will go far but the man with common sence to back it up will go farther." by that he was trying to say that there is no shame in looking back to other resources for information the book of common sence is but in the mind and to become wise we must take time to see how things operate and probe the index and the glossery of this metaphorical book for the knoledge that we can obtain though it is not the knowledge that makes you wise but how you apply it in your everyday use and how you incorperate this knowledge that gives you the wisdom. with this i conclude with your father working on this bike will you do me a favor and stand beside him as you take on this task this is probably the best father son time that you caould possibly ask for as i have found with my father so please dont let an oppritunity pass you up and take it while you still can dont take it for granit and remembet that he will not always be there to fix the things that break not only speaking of your bike but of life as well with this i pass on and i am going to bed thank you for reading this bit of information and have a good night to all i apologise if my spelling and i know my gramer is off but it is 4:00 in the morning and i have not slept in a few days due to my father being ill so please forgive me thank you again

Top Bottom